Railway news review (22.11-28.11.2021)
Review of the railway news of 22.11-28.11.2021 that you may have missed. Top-10 news of Railway Supply webportal.
1. The former commissioner of AMCU on the purchase of 80 electric trains: everything was done so that one manufacturer came to the tender
Former state commissioner of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine Agia Zagrebelskaya commented on the tender for the purchase of 80 electric trains for Ukrzaliznytsia.
2. President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of a new locomotive depot
Azerbaijan Railways has opened a new locomotive depot in Balajari
3. Key statements made at the Ukrainian forum “Big construction: a new railway”
Large-scale renewal of rolling stock, state wagon leasing program, expansion of repair facilities and cooperation with Deutsche Bahn: key statements made at the Ukrainian forum “Big Construction: New Railway”.
4. The deadline for submitting proposals for a tender for the purchase of 80 electric trains has been extended
For the second time UZ extended the deadline for submitting proposals for a tender for the purchase of 80 electric trains.
5. Polish machinists union demands to block rail links with Belarus
The machinists union has sent a letter to the PKP CARGO office about the freezing of freight traffic on the border with Belarus.
6. STM delivered the first batch of 2ES7 electric freight locomotives to Kazakhstan
The private carrier Silkway Transit received the first three two-section locomotives 2ES7 “Black Granite”, produced at the Ural Locomotives plant.
7. Supply of locomotives and wagons for Kyrgyz temir zhol
On November 10, 2021, in order to establish cooperation in the field of renewal of the rolling stock of Kyrgyz Temir Zhol, supply of locomotives, wagons, specialized equipment and software, as well as financing of leasing operations, a Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation was signed by The Russian-Kyrgyz Development Fund and the National Leasing Corporation for Industrial Development (LLC” Natspromleasing “).
8. The first toy train was sold 130 years ago
The first toy train was sold 130 years ago, on November 19, 1891, in Goppingen (German Empire).According to the report, the first toy trains began to be built in England in the early 1830s, when the construction of real railways began, informs Railway Supply magazine citing Railinsider.
9. Interpipe has increased the production of wheelsets by a third in 10 months
In January-October 2021, the Ukrainian industrial company Interpipe increased the production of wheelsets by 32. 5% compared to the same period last year, to 19.
10. Siemens Mobility annual orders rose to 12.7 billion euros
Siemens Mobility received orders worth € 12. 69 billion in fiscal 2021 (ending September 30), up 38% from fiscal 2020.
The Railway Supply information portal is designed for professionals working in the railway industry and is the most effective communication tool in the railway business environment.
Railway Supply communication platform — news portal, magazine and marketing tool!
Check the Railway Supply Media Kit 2022 and place your ads on Railway Supply information portal
Editorial team of railway magazine “Railway Supply”
tel +38 093 152-04-32 (EN)
tel +38 050 325-25-63 (UA, RU)
Place your ads on webportal and in Railway Supply magazine. Detailed information is in Railway Supply media kit