Supporting railway innovations: an overview of European news
In the UK, 30 projects that will receive grants for continued development from the Innovative UK fund have been identified.
The total volume of the program is € 10.5 million. The railway magazine Railway Supply names the recipients:
- technology of modernization of brakes and wheelsets of trains to improve adhesion to the rail in the formation of ice and overcoming large slopes. The developer is Lenz, the grant is € 400 thousand.
- acceleration system for freight cars based on hydraulic brakes with semi-automatic electronic control. Developer – Meteor Power, grant amount – € 467 thousand
- technology of hybrid hydrogen-biodiesel traction of mainline diesel locomotives. Developer – Clean Air Power GT, grant amount – € 467 thousand.
- a system of assistance to the driver in driving trains with battery and hydrogen traction. Developer – Enerail, grant amount – € 305 thousand.
- adaptive interior of regional passenger trains. Developer – Priestman Goode, grant amount – € 467 thousand
Preparations for the iaf 2022 trade fair are underway
The Berlin authorities, within the framework of the digital railway project for the German capital, approved funding for a study on the technology of automatic train management. The tests will take place in the Siemensstadt area, where Siemens’ production facilities are historically located. The AI system developed by the German manufacturer should detect obstacles and hazards for passengers, as well as monitor changes in the railway track. It is planned to create a digital twin of the track and rolling stock. The total cost of the project is € 13.7 million, subsidies will amount to more than 55% of it.
Rail Baltica signs € 214.3 million grant agreements with INEA
Find the latest news of the railway industry in Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union and the rest of the world on our page on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, read Railway Supply magazine online.
Place your ads on webportal and in Railway Supply magazine. Detailed information is in Railway Supply media kit