Škoda Group acquires Belgian on-board systems developer ETCS
Škoda Group has acquired a 93.9% stake in The Signaling Company, a Belgian developer of on-board security software and signaling systems for railway operators. The remaining 6.1% stake in The Signaling Company remains with the company’s two principals, Stanislas Pinte and Frédéric Du Jardin, reports Railway Supply referring to Railway Pro.
The Signaling Company develops advanced level 4 security software that is fully compliant with the current European Train Control System (ETCS) standard and also applicable to autonomous mobility.
Procurement and supply of rolling stock in the world
The acquisition of The Signaling Company by Škoda Group will increase its competitiveness against major European train manufacturers. The Group will be able to offer a full range of products and services to rail operators in Western Europe, especially in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands. The Signaling Company is currently equipping 110 locomotives with ETCS for Lineas.
By integrating the company with 38 employees into the group, it will create its own “Signaling” business unit within the Škoda Group under the leadership of one of the shareholders, Stanislas Pinte, who will be appointed Vice President for Signaling. Its task will be to complete the development of existing signaling solutions and ensure the development of new technologies in this area.
Railway news you might have missed:
Greenbrier completes testing of automatic hopper car loading hatchFind the latest news of the railway industry in Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union and the rest of the world on our page on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, read Railway Supply magazine online.
Place your ads on webportal and in Railway Supply magazine. Detailed information is in Railway Supply media kit