Over the past month, 90% of the volume of grain cargo was loaded into grain carriers in Ukraine. The remaining 10% falls on the rolling stock not intended directly for this purpose. Railway Supply magazine writes about this, citing Rail.insider analytics.

grain transportation

Among other types of rolling stock gondola cars are in the lead, in which more than 4% of grain volumes are loaded. Then, in descending order, cement carriers, mineral carriers and covered wagons follow.

Stadler to supply a new vehicle for the Reineck-Walzenhausen mountain railway

There are more than 27 thousand grain carriers in operation in Ukraine. However, the demand for these wagons, and, accordingly, the rates for use are higher than for other mass types of rolling stock.

As previously reported, problems with the export of grain in gondola cars, mineral and cement wagons are observed at the border crossings with Poland. Due to claims from the sanitary services, more than 500 units of rolling stock got stuck there.

Railway news you might have missed:

Railway access fees in Hungary could be reduced by 40%

Find the latest news of the railway industry in Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union and the rest of the world on our page on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, read Railway Supply magazine online.



Place your ads on webportal and in Railway Supply magazine. Detailed information is in Railway Supply media kit