At the moment Rail Baltica has received about $ 1.32 billion from the EU and the governments of the countries.

Rail Baltica

The European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) has entered into a supplementary cross-border grant agreement regarding the financing of the Rail Baltica Connecting Europe Fund (CEF), reports the railway magazine Railway Supply with reference to Rail Baltica.

CINEA is a joint venture between RB Rail, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications of Estonia, the Ministry of Transport of Latvia and the Ministry of Transport and Communications of Lithuania. The total budget for the agreement is $ 22.86 million (€ 19.7 million).

Rail Baltica launch postponed until 2030

The CEF will contribute a maximum of $ 19.38 million (€ 16.7 million) or 85% of the total eligible costs. The remaining 15% will be financed by the governments of the Baltic states. This grant agreement covers activities related to the design of the Kaunas infrastructure maintenance facility and the railway infrastructure in the station area (Phase I) in Lithuania.

It includes design changes to facilitate the operational development of the Riga hub in Latvia, as well as the modification of the detailed technical design of the Riga Central Station railway based on the Rail Baltica operational plan in Latvia.

Additional activities that are part of the agreement include support for the planning of Pärnu County in Estonia and a site survey for Chekule, which will include the identification of unexploded ordnance in the former military zone of Latvia.

Railway news you may have missed:

In Latvia, the government has supported the development of a special law for Rail Baltica

Find the latest news of the railway industry in Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union and the rest of the world on our page on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, read Railway Supply magazine online.



Place your ads on webportal and in Railway Supply magazine. Detailed information is in Railway Supply media kit