Cargo turnover of Ukrainian ports amounted to 121 million tons since the beginning of the year
According to the results of 10 months of this year, port operators in the seaports of Ukraine handled 120 million 872 thousand tons of cargo, which is 11.25 million tons or 8.5% less than the same period last year.
The negative dynamics of cargo handling in seaports is gradually decreasing: from 20.4% in the first quarter to 8.5% in 10 months, informs Railway Supply magazine, citing Railinsider. Since the beginning of the year, operators have overloaded:
- 93.1 million tons of export cargo (-8.2% over the same period in 2020);
- 19.18 million tons of imports (-3.8%);
- 6.8 million tons of transit (-20.5%);
- 1.7 million tons of cabotage (-18.6%).
Grain cargo and ore were handled most in 10 months in ports: 37.07 million tons (-6%) and 31 million tons (-16.8%), respectively.
Transshipment of oil products for 10 months of this year increased by 55.9% and amounted to 1.52 million tons. Container handling decreased to 840,289 TEU, which is 3.4% less than in the same period in 2020. In total for 10 months 2021 five ports exceed last year transshipment volumes:
- Chornomorsk – 19.82 million tons (+ 2%);
- NSR Olvia – 3.8 million tons (+ 12.3%);
- Izmail port – 3.19 million tons (+ 19.3%);
- Reni port – 985.97 thousand tons (+ 46.7%);
- Port of Ust-Dunaisk – 40.6 thousand tons (2.25 times).
As previously reported, the ports of Ukraine handled over 106 million tons of cargo in 9 months.
Railway news you may have missed:Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, read Railway Supply magazine online.
Place your ads on webportal and in Railway Supply magazine. Detailed information is in Railway Supply media kit