Railway news review (01.11 – 07.11.2021)
Review of the railway news of 01.11 – 07.11.2021 that you may have missed. Top-10 news of Railway Supply webportal.
1. Alstom will challenge the results of the largest railway tender in the history of Switzerland
Alstom will challenge the results of the largest railway tender in the history of Switzerland, in which Stadler won. Alstom has filed a complaint with the Swiss Federal Administrative Court challenging the selection of Stadler Rail as the winner of a tender for the supply of 286 single-decker electric trains for the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB).
2. KEVRZ was visited by representatives of Alstom
PJSC “Kyiv Electric Car Repair Plant” was visited by representatives of Alstom Transport S. A.
3. Belarusian Railways will introduce an automated control system for shunting locomotives at the largest stations
The Belarusian Railway intends to expand the practice of a pilot project to automate the control of shunting locomotives.
4. Rolling stock production in Russia, September 2021
Rosstat data of rolling stock production in September 2021Rolling stock production in Russia According to the railway magazine Railway Supply.
5. Russian Railways lacks traction due to “stuck” locomotives in Ukraine
Russian metallurgists complain about delays in the transportation of products due to the lack of locomotives. This was stated by representatives of the Russian Steel Association.
6. The Railways of Yakutia announced a tender for the supply of 6 gas-fueled diesel locomotives for 2.4 billion rubles.
Six two-section 6-axle locomotives with dual-fuel traction engines (a mixture of diesel fuel and LNG) with a capacity of at least 3310 kW for each section are expected to be delivered.
7. ČD Cargo leased TRAXX DC3 DC locomotives for its subsidiary in Poland
Polish ČD Cargo subsidiary has expanded its fleet with three new TRAXX DC3 locomotives.Locomotives intended only for operation on DC lines should further expand the presence of the Czech carrier on Polish rails.
8. The second railway track on the Chornomorsk – Beregovaya section will be opened on November 4
Infrastructure Minister Alexander Kubrakov announced the completion of the construction of the second railway line on the Chernomorsk – Beregovaya section.
9. Stadler delivers Kiss trains to Serbia
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic was present at the handover of the first of three double-decker electric trains Stadler Kiss (200 km/h) to the national passenger operator Srbija Voz.
10. STM starts assembling RTM-32 kits in India
Sinara Transport Machines (STM) has begun work on the assembly of RTM-32 machine units at San Engineering & Locomotives’ manufacturing site in India.
The Railway Supply information portal is designed for professionals working in the railway industry and is the most effective communication tool in the railway business environment.
Railway Supply communication platform — news portal, magazine and marketing tool!
Railway Supply Media kit 2022
Editorial team of railway magazine “Railway Supply”
tel +38 093 152-04-32 (EN)
tel +38 050 325-25-63 (UA, RU)
Place your ads on webportal and in Railway Supply magazine. Detailed information is in Railway Supply media kit